This is my Grandmother's recipe for Madeleines. That's how I make them.
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Cook Time: 10-15 minutes - Servings: 20
Ingredients for 20 madeleines:
- 120 grams of butter
- 120 grams of flour
- 120 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of yeast or 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- (optional) 1 lemon zest and/or some vanilla extract
- (optional) pine nuts or raw sliced almonds
- (optional) raspberries
- Madeleine pan
- Cooling rack
- Mixing bowl
- Prepare yeast according to instructions on package.
- Pre-heat oven at 375°F.
- Mix soft (but not melted) butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and flour (using the sifter) and a pinch of salt.
- Add the yeast or baking powder.
- (optional) Add the lemon zest and/or vanilla extract.
- Mix until the dough is homogeneous.
- Put a little melted butter on the madeleines pan (to prevent sticking).
- Fill each slot on the madeleines pan w/ dough.
- (optional) Add sliced almonds or pine nuts on top.
- (optional) Add a raspberry in the center.
- Put in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes (until golden).
- Get the madeleines tray out of the oven, and the madeleines out of the tray, and let cool down.